Saturday, October 27, 2012

Affections Left by Time



When I first saw you, 
I thought you were just a stranger passing by trying to say “hi” 
Then I found myself standing by your side, trying to hold on tight. 

Then a day came when I can no more sleep at night trying to keep you in sight 
Well, I guess this is just my might 
Funny that I cried when I realized how much I needed you by my side. 

But I end up trying to think, it’s a lie 
Now here I am trying to buy time 
Keeping up with you, I always end up taking a bath with lime 
I thought it’s my heart but I guess its chime 

Why do I have to deny? If you say that it’s finally you and I… 
When I saw you cry, I comforted you, but I think I’m shy 
Now, the next time I sigh, I see you reminding me “why” 

Maybe it’s because of you, I can’t seem to decide 
The two of us are confused whether this is right 
I just want to be someone you can rely on 

Why can’t I love you even though I want to be with you? 
Why can’t we think that we’re perfect for each other? 
Now I’m starting to feel why I even bother… 

But they said that we aren’t meant to be, 
Then I wonder why 
I almost thought… 
Is it because these are just 
Affections left by time 

And we both know that we can’t stop time 
Nor change it… 

Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment